YOUR CHICAGO PERSONAL TRAINER, RON POTOCNIK BIO AND STATS
Prior to becoming a personal trainer in 2001, Ron enjoyed a successful career as a sales manager for the nation’s largest trade show contractor. His passion for personal fitness and athletics coupled with a strong desire to help others achieve their personal fitness goals lead him to leave a promising business career and become a personal trainer and owner of Train With Ron.
After graduating from Valparaiso University where he started at wide receiver for the VU football team, Ron trained and competed professionally for the Goldwin Track Club in Boulder, Colorado. While training with and competing with Olympic track and field athletes and coaches Ron posted a personal best 46.0 seconds in the 400 meters. In addition to Ron’s athletic background, he also coached men’s and women’s track and field for Benedictine University.
Ron has also created and trademarked innovations in personal training such as 30 On 30 Off®, Fast Paced Lifting, Cardio With A Purpose, Rank Your Workout and Unlimited Personal Training and. Ron was the first trainer in the country to develop and offer an “all you can eat” Unlimited Personal Training service.
Ron is a believer and of the mentality that a trainer should lead by example. Ron has done exactly that. Over the years Ron has compiled an impressive list of athletic accomplishments. Once Ron puts his mind to set a goal, nothing will stand in his way. Ron has a plan that will lead you in the right direction to help you accomplish your goals!
- Two year starter for Valparaiso University Football Team, Wide Receiver (number 1 in your programs and in your hearts)
- All time Valpo Leader for Wide Receivers in Pancake and Cut Blocks (Unofficial Stat)
- Posted a personal best of a 4.38 40 yard dash
- Post Collegiate Track and Field Career, Ron ran for the Goldwin Track Club in Boulder, Co
- Personal Best of 10.5 100m, 46 second 400m
- 2009 World Championships Lahti, Finland, Gold Medal in 4 × 400 (missed World Record by :03 and American Record by 1.5 seconds and second fastest American time since 1983),
Silver Medal in 4x100m, 5th in the world at 100m, 9th in the world at 400m (set PRs for both 100m and 400m), 2010 USA Track and Field Championships 100m Invitational Participant 2010 Penn Relays, National Champion 4 x 100m lead off leg for Southwest Sprinters, One of two sprinters to make the National Championship Finals in 100m, 200m and 400m, 1st Place at Madison Square Garden 4 x 400 (2 seconds off MSG age group record)
- 67 Hills in one hour at The Soldier Field Charity Hill Run Challenge
- 2012 Power Golf Long Drive Finalist (tallied several 400+ yard drives that year and since), Fastest Swing Speed and Ball Speed Recorded: SS 144.7 and BS 205.7
- 2014 Wilmette Golf Club Open Division Champion (3 years ago Ron was 20 handicap, currently holds a single digit handicap)
- One time Bench Press 315 lbs
- 225lb Bench Press rep out 15 times
- One time squat 405 lbs
- 27 Pull Ups
- Multiple Tape Measure 400′ Home Runs
- 36″ Vertical Jump (many basketball dunks over his buddies)